What is a
Discipleship Training School?
A DTS will help you along your journey of discovering God and discovering yourself. A time of heart transformation, deepening your relationship with the Lord and spreading His love all around the world. A time to know God and to make Him known.
From the beginning God desired to be in relationship with His creation.
At YWAM Muskoka we build from a solid biblical foundation. We begin each day with corporate worship and prayer focusing our attention on God, then move on to an interactive classroom setting that students can learn and experience the following topics:
Hearing the Voice of God
Nature and Character of God
Making Jesus Lord
Healing Life's Hurts
God's Destiny for you Life
Father-heart of God
Our Identity through Jesus
The Person - Jesus
Who is Holy Spirit?
To GATHER and CHALLENGE people to worship, listen to and obey God, releasing them to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion and other expressions of God's heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
To INSPIRE and CULTIVATE growth in one's relationship with God resulting in Christ like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit and the personal application of Biblical truth, especially concerning God's Character, the Cross and empowering Grace.
To SHARPEN one's ability to relate to, learn from and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities and perspectives.
To further EQUIP each one to serve God's purposes either in or outside of YWAM Family or Ministries. Strengthening a commitment to reach the lost, especially the unreached, to care for the poor and to influence all areas of society.
To IMPART the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of the host operating location and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.
Aims to graduate students...
- with a growing understanding of the breath and depth of God’s character and ways
- who are becoming more like Jesus in the way they relate to God and people
- who increasingly cooperate with the empowering presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit
- who listen to and obey God as the result of God’s enabling Grace
- who search the Scripture in such a way that transforms beliefs, values and behaviours
- with strengthened lifestyles of worship, intercession and spiritual warfare
- with a greater ability to work with others, especially those different to themselves
- who can share the Gospel with the lost and have a life long commitment to do so
- with a commitment to continue to be involved in some way with God’s work among the nations, including unreached people, the poor and needy and in spheres of society
- who understand the calling and values of YWAM and are aware of a variety of opportunities available to them throughout YWAM
- with a clearer understanding of God’s purposes for their life and a sense of their life direction who either:
go on to serve God in either a context familiar
or foreign to them pursue further training (in or outside of YWAM) to equip them for further service
Some things included in the weekly schedule
- Teaching/Lecture to aid in the understanding and experience of God, His Character and His Ways.
- Local ministry and Evangelism
- Serving on the base through work duties
- Bible teaching and/or study
- Small group processing
- Activities related to your desired stream
wanna know more?
Check this out
Students share the same classes from Monday to Thursday, but on Friday and Saturday students will engage in their selected stream.
You'll have the option of choosing between two streams that each explore something different, but share the same focus...Experiencing God.